- About Our Firm
- About The American Academy
- Advance Health Care Directive
- Advantages of Working With Our Firm
- Adwords Probate
- Appointment Reminders
- Areas We Serve
- AVVO Rating
- Awards and Recognitions
- California Probate
- California Probate Laws
- Communities We Serve – Bellflower, California
- Communities We Serve – Buena Park, California
- Communities We Serve – El Segundo
- Communities We Serve – Fountain Valley
- Communities We Serve – Garden Grove, California
- Communities We Serve – Inglewood
- Communities We Serve – Long Beach
- Communities We Serve – Los Alamitos
- Communities We Serve – Manhattan Beach
- Communities We Serve – Playa del Rey
- Communities We Serve – Santa Monica
- Communities We Serve – Seal Beach, California
- Communities We Serve – Westchester
- Communities We Serve – Cypress
- Communities We Serve – Hawthorne
- Communities We Serve – Huntington Beach
- Communities We Serve – Los Angeles County
- Communities We Serve – Orange County
- Communities We Serve – Stanton, California
- Communities We Serve – Westminster, CA
- Communities We Serve: Anaheim, CA
- Communities We Serve: Cerritos, California
- Communities We Serve: Rancho Palos Verdes
- Communities We Serve: Rossmoor, California
- Contact Us
- Discovery Call Landing Page
- Educational Alerts
- El Segundo Probate Resources
- Elder Law
- Estate and Gift Tax Figures
- Estate Planning Discovery Call
- Hispanic Latino inheritance problems
- Huntington Beach Elder Resources
- Huntington Beach Probate Resources
- Interactive Resources
- Is Probate Always Necessary in California?
- LAW FIRM WEBINAR
- Learn About Wills and Trusts Online Webinar
- Legacy Wealth Planning
- Long Beach Elder Resources
- Long Beach Probate Resources
- Los Alamitos Probate Resources
- Los Angeles Probate Administration
- Los Angeles Probate Disputes
- Los Angeles, California Trust Administration and Probate Services
- News and Events
- Our Firm
- Our Promise to You During COVID-19/Coronavirus
- Our Reviews
- Probate & Estate Planning Savings Calculator
- Probate Code 850 Petition
- Client Resources
- Consumer Resources
- Elder Law Resources
- Estate Planning Resources
- Free Estate Planning Worksheet
- Frequently asked questions
- Advance Health Care Directives FAQs
- Asset Protection FAQs
- California Adult Conservatorship
- California Probate FAQ
- Estate Planning & Remarriage FAQs
- Estate Planning FAQs
- Frequently Asked Questions For Families Without An Estate Plan
- Frequently Asked Questions: Trust Administration
- In-Home Elder Care FAQs
- IRA & SECURE Act FAQs
- IRA Inheritance Planning FAQs
- Irrevocable Trust FAQs
- Last Will and Testament FAQs
- Legacy Wealth Planning FAQs
- LGBT Estate Planning Frequently Asked Questions
- LGBTQ Estate Planning FAQs
- LGBTQ+ Estate Planning FAQs
- Living Trust FAQs
- Probate FAQs
- Special Needs Planning FAQs
- Trust Administration FAQs
- Trusts FAQs
- Wills FAQs
- Pre Consultation Form
- Professional Resources
- Published Book
- Special Needs Resources
- Trust Administration & Probate Resources
- Webinars and Events
- Review of Our Services
- Schomer Law Group Fee Increase
- Asset Protection & Business Planning
- Caregiving Tabs
- Elder Law
- Elder Law & Medi-Cal Definitions
- Estate Planning Services
- Family-Owned Businesses & Farms
- How the New Estate Tax Exclusion Affects Your Estate Plan
- Incapacity Planning
- IRA & Retirement Planning
- Legacy Planning
- LGBTQ Estate Planning
- Los Angeles Legacy Estate Planning
- Los Angeles, California Estate Planning
- Los Angeles, California LGBTQ Estate Planning
- Los Angeles, California Pet Planning
- Medi-Cal Planning – Planning to Get Approved
- Pet Planning
- Power of Attorney
- SECURE Act
- Special Needs Planning
- Trust Administration
- Trust Administration & Probate
- Trust, Probate and Estate Litigation
- Young Families Estate Planning Los Angeles
- Special Needs Planning Can Protect Benefits
- Thank You
- Thank You
- Thank you for reaching out to us.
- Thank you for reaching out to us.
- Thank You for Signing Up!
- Top Estate Planning Techniques
- Trust and Probate Litigation: Verdicts and Settlements
- Video Blogs
- Webinar 5/29 CC
- Webinar 8/23
- Webinar 8/23 CC
- Webinar 8/23 FB
- Westchester Elder Resources
- Westchester, Los Angeles Probate Resources
Posts by category
- Category: capital gains tax
- Category: Medi-Cal Planning
- Understanding the California Medi-Cal Transfer Penalty Rules
- Why Is It Important to Plan for Long-Term Care?
- Top 5 Medi-Cal Myths
- Can Relying on Medicaid Threaten My Estate Assets After I Die?
- What is Medi-Cal Fraud and How Can You Avoid It?
- I’m Young and Healthy. Why do I Need Medi-Cal Planning?
- Why Would You Put Your House in a Trust?
- Los Angeles Medi-Cal Planning for Future Hospice Care
- Can Medi-Cal Take your IRA?
- Orange County Medi-Cal Planning is For Everyone
- How to Prove an Asset Transfer was Not Made to Qualify for Medi-Cal Benefits
- Los Angeles Medi-Cal Planning and the Child Caretaker Exception
- How Do I Plan for Future Hospice Care?
- The Problem of Chronic Nursing Home Readmission
- Why is Long Beach Medi-Cal planning So Important?
- But I’m Not Sick! You Still Need Medi-Cal Planning
- Why Medi-Cal Planning Helps Prepare for Nursing Home Care
- The Basics of Orange County Medi-Cal Planning
- Important Differences Between Medicare and Medi-Cal Benefits
- Medi-Cal Planning Attorneys Discuss Living Wills as Healthcare Directives
- Los Angeles Medi-Cal Planning Attorneys Warn About the Black Market
- A Life Estate Can Help With Medi-Cal Recovery Avoidance
- California Residents Mistakenly Enrolled in Medi-Cal During Expansion
- Medi-Cal Attorneys Explain the Use of ABLE Accounts
- Is Los Angeles Medi-Cal planning Ethical?
- Walgreens to Settle Million Dollar Claim for Improper Medi-Cal Billing
- Medi-Cal Planning Lawyers Explain Changes in Nursing Home Patient Rights
- How to Handle an Unethical Eviction from a Nursing Home
- How to Find Medicaid Services in Long Beach
- Using a Life Estate to Protect Your Home from Medicaid Liens
- Will a 529 College Plan Affect My Medi-Cal Eligibility?
- The Importance of Medicaid Planning Regardless of Your Health
- Home Health Services: Medicaid or Medicare?
- Fountain Valley Health Care Providers Convicted for Illegal Prescriptions
- What Happens to a Medicaid Trust if I Never Need It?
- Ways to Apply for Emergency Medi-Cal Coverage [UPDATED 2020]
- How to Avoid Medi-Cal Services Fraud
- Los Angeles Medi-Cal attorney discusses Medi-Cal Fraud
- Three Common Issues with Medi-Cal and Nursing Homes
- Three Ways to Protect Your Assets from Medi-Cal
- When Does Medi-Cal Pay for Nursing Home Care?
- Free Report: California Medi-cal Spend Down
- Can a Medi-Cal Trust be Revoked?
- Family Wealth Trusts and Medi-Cal Trusts
- Medi-Cal Monthly Maintenance Needs Allowance
- Does California Medi-Cal Provide In Home Services?
- The Impact of the Deficit Reduction Act on Medi-Cal
- Do I Need Health Insurance if I Have Medicare or Medi-Cal?
- Planning for Medi-Cal with Early Signs of Dementia
- Medically Needy May be Covered by Medi-Cal
- Medi-Cal Benefits More than Just the Poor
- Free Report: How To Avoid Fraudulent Transfers in California Medi-Cal Planning
- What is the Five Year Look Back Medi-Cal Rule?
- How Does Medi-Cal Apply to Married Couples?
- Will Medi-Cal Pay For in Home Health Care
- Free Report: Intestate Succession in California
- Category: income tax
- Category: taxation
- Category: Conservatorship in California
- Category: News
- Category: business succession planning
- Category: income taxation
- Category: Elder Abuse
- What Is Financial Abuse of the Elderly?
- What You Need to Know about Nursing Home Abuse
- What to Do If You Suspect Elder Abuse
- Elder Abuse – What to Do If You Believe a Loved One Is a Victim
- Be Aware of Elder Financial Abuse
- Unexpected Eviction Can Be a Sign of Elder Financial Abuse
- New Legislation Seeks to Protect Elders from Pseudo Professional Designations
- Creative Scams Against Seniors Continue to Flourish
- The Latest Fairy Tale: the Return of the Land Grant
- The LifeLock Controversy: Is There No Protection Against Identity Theft?
- June 15th is Elder Abuse Awareness Day!
- Category: Pet Planning
- Is a Pet Trust Right for Your Estate Plan?
- Dog Ownership, Seniors, and Pet Planning
- What is a Pet Trust and Why Would I Need One?
- How Pet Trusts Can Protect Your Family Friend
- Do You Need a Pet Trust for Your Family Friend?
- Long Beach Residents Can Create Pet Trusts
- The Basics of Pet Planning California
- Wills and Pet Estate Planning
- Consequences of Not Having a Pet Plan
- What is a Pet Trust?
- Alternatives to Pet Trusts
- Have You Included Disaster Planning in Your Pet Estate Plan?
- Disaster Plan for Pets
- Distinctions Among Animals in the Legal System
- Is a Trust Better Than a Will for Pet Planning?
- What Should a Pet Plan Include?
- Pet Estate Planning in California?
- Category: technology
- Category: tax planning
- Category: Elder Law
- How Can a Geriatric Care Manager Help Me?
- What Is a Senior Life Settlement?
- Medicaid Planning
- 5 Things You Should Know About Elder Law
- Educate Yourself for Alzheimer’s Awareness Month
- Why a Family Caregiver Is Not Always the Best Option
- Does My Parent Need a Legal Guardian?
- Tips for Long-Distance Caregivers
- Should I Purchase Long-Term Care Insurance?
- 5 Reasons You Might Need an Elder Law Attorney
- 5 Razones por las que Podría Necesitar un Abogado de la Ley de Ancianos
- How to Choose the Best Nursing Home for a Parent
- Providing Care from Afar
- What Are the Medi-Cal Rules for a Healthy Spouse?
- 2022 Medi-Cal Part B Premium Has Been Determined
- Consider the Impact of Alzheimer’s Disease
- These Long-Term Care Facts May Surprise You
- Aging in Place With a Medi-Cal Waiver
- This VA Benefit Can Help You Address Long-Term Care Costs
- Does Medicare Cover Living Assistance?
- Longevity Statistics May Surprise You
- Sandwich Generation Members Face Challenges
- What Is the Medi-Cal Asset Limit in 2021?
- Will Infrastructure Plan Include Funding for Elder Care?
- Medi-Cal Answers: Can My Spouse Keep My Income?
- Legacy Planning: Medi-Cal Should Be on Your Radar
- Elder Law News: Medicare Eligibility Age My Be Reduced
- Elder Care Planning: Dissolve the Psychological Barrier
- Veterans Aid and Attendance Pension Can Defray Assisted Living Costs
- How Can a Special Needs Trust Trustee Spend the Money?
- Medi-Cal Planning Can Preserve Your Legacy
- Biden Plan Would Increase Social Security Benefits
- Alzheimer’s Looms Large for Seniors
- The Twilight Years Can Derail Your Legacy Plan
- An Overview of Long-Term Care Insurance
- Medi-Cal Spouse Allowances Get Upward Adjustment
- Do You Have a Nursing Home Asset Protection Plan?
- Elder Law Answers: What Is Aging in Place?
- Will Your Parents Need Nursing Home Care?
- Overview of Medi-Cal Healthy Spouse Allowances
- What Is Medi-Cal Estate Recovery?
- Are You a Member of the Sandwich Generation?
- Medi-Cal Planning Can Preserve Your Legacy
- Acknowledge the Potential Impact of Alzheimer’s Disease
- Do You Qualify for the Veterans Special Pension?
- Will You Need Long-Term Care?
- Five Important Facts About Medi-Cal
- Medi-Cal Can Preserve Your Legacy
- Medi-Cal Parameters Adjusted for New Year
- Veterans Pension Can Give Seniors a Boost
- Can Medi-Cal Take Your Home?
- Will Nursing Home Costs Consume Your Legacy?
- Take Steps to Prevent a Guardianship
- What Does an Elder Law Attorney Do?
- Will Medi-Cal Pay for In-Home Care?
- Medi-Cal Planning by the Numbers
- Benefits for Seniors: Key Facts and Figures
- Californians Get Favorable Medi-Cal Parameters
- Wartime Veterans Pension Look-Back Imposed
- Elder Law Insight: 3 Things to Know About Medicare
- Elder Law Report: Medi-Cal Costs Will Rise
- Nursing Home Costs Can Erase Your Legacy
- Veterans Benefits Can Provide Much Needed Assistance
- What Is a Medi-Cal Trust?
- What’s the Difference Between a Medi-Cal Trust and a Living Trust?
- Key Medi-Cal Facts and Figures for 2019
- Los Angeles Seniors May be Eligible for Tax Filing Services
- Elder Abuse and Neglect Resulting in Fatal Infections
- What Does California Law Say About Disposition of Remains After Death
- Los Alamitos Elder Law Lawyers and Their Fees
- Long Beach to Provide Affordable Housing for Seniors
- How Can I Protect My Elder with Dementia from Wandering from a Nursing Home?
- Can Veterans Aid and Attendance Benefits Help with Long-Term Care Costs?
- Los Angeles Aid and Attendance Benefits Lawyer Can Help You Apply
- What You Need to Know About Los Angeles Elder Law Attorneys
- What Should I Ask my Orange County Elder Law Lawyers?
- Los Angeles Elder Law Lawyers Give Advice about Elder Financial Abuse
- Hospice Care
- Will Medi-Cal let me Sell My Home After my Spouse Dies?
- Nursing Home Expenses in California
- How Can Los Angeles Elder Law Attorneys Help?
- Can a Medi-Cal Attorney Help Me Plan for Nursing Home Care?
- Medi-Cal Assistance with Hospice Care
- Medi-Cal Attorney’s Advice on Nursing Home Care
- The Process for Conservatorship California Courts Follow
- What You Need to Know about California Retirement Planning
- How to Prepare for California Hospice Care
- Even the Healthy Need Medi-Cal Planning
- Why Would I Need an Elder Law Attorney?
- Pros and Cons of a Conservatorship in California
- Do I Need Medi-Cal or Medicare?
- The California Conservatorship Jurisdiction Act
- Financial Elder Abuse Occurs Even in Famous Families
- What is an Elder Law Attorney in Los Angeles CA?
- What Do Elder Law Attorneys Charge for Their Services?
- How can you keep From Losing Your Home to Medi-Cal?
- Is There a National Organization of Elder Law Attorneys?
- Free Report: California Nursing Homes Alternatives
- Are County Nursing Homes Safe?
- Medi-Cal Trust in Los Angeles: What Are Its Disadvantages?
- Is Medi-Cal Available in California?
- What are the Maximum Assets for Medi-Cal?
- What are the Options for Taking Care of an Incapacitated Loved One?
- Category: Power of Attorney
- Category: consumer protection
- Category: Estate Management
- Jim Morrison’s Estate Planning Mistake Remembered on Anniversary
- The Myths Surrounding Veterans Aid and Attendance Benefits Eligibility
- Ray Charles’ Management Problems Continue After his Death
- The Latest Service: a Virtual Safe-Deposit Box?
- New Ebay-Like Site Helps With Estate Administration
- Even When Done Correctly, Managing Finances During Incompetency Can be Challenging
- Category: Probate
- What Can I Do to Prevent Probate Disputes After I Am Gone?
- What You Need to Know about California Probate Litigation
- Which Assets Go Through Probate?
- What Does it Cost to Probate an Estate in California?
- Common Probate Mistakes and How to Avoid Making Them
- How Long Does It Take to Probate an Estate in California?
- Herramientas y Estrategias de Evitación de Sucesiones
- Probate Avoidance Tools and Strategies
- How Do I Know If Formal Probate Is Required in California?
- ¿Necesito un Abogado que Me Ayude a Legalizar un Patrimonio?
- Do I Need a Lawyer to Help Me Probate an Estate?
- Contesting a Will in California – What You Need to Know
- What Happens During Probate?
- Five Things You Should Know About Probate
- Is Probate Always Necessary?
- A Look at California Probate Shortcuts
- The Heggstad Petition
- Is Probate Always Necessary?
- Are All Asset Transfers Subject to Probate?
- What Can a Los Angeles Probate Attorney Do For You?
- 5 Great Tips for Long Beach Probate Court Administration
- Why Avoid Probate?
- Common Reasons for Long Beach Probate Litigation
- All You Need to Know About California’s Probate Mediation Process
- Can Any Trust Beneficiary Challenge a Trust in Los Angeles Probate Court?
- Can a “No Contest” Clause Help to Avoid Orange County Probate Litigation?
- What Can I Do if Avoiding Probate is My Goal?
- Los Angeles Probate Lawyers Explain Electronic Filing Requirement
- How Long After a Will is Probated Can it Be Contested?
- Discussing Intestate Succession With Your Los Angeles probate attorney
- Why Do I Need a Long Beach Probate Lawyer?
- Understanding Orange County Probate Ancillary Proceedings
- Owner or Caretaker? Question Leads to Probate Litigation
- Orange County Probate Process From Beginning to End
- In Which County Will My Estate Be Probated?
- In Estate Planning, Do I Need to Avoid Probate?
- Avoiding Costly Mistakes in Probate Administration
- Should I Include a “No Contest” Clause in My California Will?
- Probate Lawyers Can Debunk the Myths
- What is a Holographic Will and Should I Create One?
- How to Handle Family Heirlooms in your Estate Plan
- How Los Angeles Probate Attorneys Can Handle Language Barriers
- Can I Appeal a Probate Litigation Case?
- Tips for Planning Ahead to Avoid Probate Litigation
- What is a California Probate Referee and When Does an Estate Need One?
- How Do Prenuptial Agreements Affect Probate of an Estate?
- Who is Responsible for Paying the Debts of the Deceased?
- Understanding Undue Influence in California Probate Litigation
- Are There Ways to Expedite Probate in Orange County?
- Probate Administration of an Insolvent Estate
- DIY Wills Often Lead to Probate Litigation
- Los Alamitos Probate Lawyers Warn of These Mistakes
- Primary Reasons for Probate Litigation in California
- Is the Cost of Probate a Reason to Try to Avoid it?
- How Long Does Probate Take for Los Angeles Residents?
- How to Probate a Will in California
- Los Angeles probate Lawyer Explains the Difference Between Probate and Non-Probate Assets
- What You Need to Know about Avoiding Probate
- Are Holographic Wills Allowed in California Probate Court?
- Common Myths about the California Probate Process
- What you should know about Los Angeles County Probate Court
- Discussing intestate succession with your Los Angeles probate attorney
- The Value of a Probate Attorney
- Dispelling Myths About Probate Los Angeles Style
- 7 Steps of the California Probate Process [UPDATED 2023]
- Four Ways to Avoid the California Probate Process
- Do You Know Who Will Receive Your Retirement Accounts?
- The Never Ending Will Contest
- Can I Avoid Probate by Placing My Child on Title to my Assets?
- Treated Like a Dog?
- On a personal note … are you ready?
- Does it make sense to file probate to save a failing asset?
- The Ultimate No-Contest Clause–Russian Style.
- Adjusting Your Expectations
- Parents Should Review Guardian Nominations Annually.
- Do You Have the Right Kind of Trust?
- Probate is Going to Get Worse in These Tough Economic Times
- Administration of Missing Person’s Estate
- What Is the Uniform Probate Code?
- LA Probate Law to Safeguard the Interest of the Elderly
- The Need of a Lawyer and a Trustee in Proceedings of LA Probate Law
- If You Are an Unmarried Couple Start Estate Planning Now, says LA Probate Law Expert
- How Long Does Probate Take in California? [UPDATED 2020]
- How Long Does It Take to Receive a Tax Clearance Letter?
- Understanding the Process of Probate in Los Angeles
- Does Your Firm Handle Probate of an Estate?
- The California Probate Process : An Overview
- Free Report: Overview of the California Probate Process
- How Long Does the Probate Process Take in California?
- Category: consumer
- Category: Estate Planning
- What It Means to Disclaim
- Spring Summit 2023: Celebrating 30 Years of Indispensability in the Windy City
- Should In Re Gregory Hall Trust Change the Way We Think About Amending Trusts?
- The IRS’ Annual Warning: The 2023 Dirty Dozen
- The Joy in Joint Trusts
- How Tax and Non-Tax Considerations Impact Estate Planning – Part I
- Should I Incorporate an ABLE Account into My Estate Plan?
- Benefits of Lifetime Gifting
- 5 Common Estate Planning Myths Debunked
- Using a Charitable Gift Annuity to Make Gifts
- What’s in President Biden’s Revenue Proposals?
- What Bruce Willis Can Teach Us About Incapacity Planning
- What Does the Respect for Marriage Act Mean for Estate Planning?
- 10 Estate Planning Tips You Cannot Afford to Ignore
- 7 Estate Planning Steps for the Beginner
- How Do I Approach the Subject of Estate Planning with My Elderly Parents?
- Marriage and Divorce: How Your Estate Plan Can Help Protect Assets
- The Lessons from Lisa Marie
- What Happens When You Don’t Trust Your Trustee – Part I
- The View from Heckerling
- What Is Missing in Your Estate Plan?
- What Is the Uniform Transfer to Minors Act?
- Planificación Patrimonial para Parejas Sin Hijos
- Now That Mid-Terms Are Over, Let’s Talk Taxes
- Estate Planning for Couples Without Children
- Planning for the International Client
- Don’t Be a Turkey – Take Advantage of Your Annual Per Donee Exclusion Amount
- Segundas Nupcias y Su Plan de Sucesión
- Remarriage and Your Estate Plan
- Do I Need an Advance Directive?
- Types of Joint Ownership in California
- Common Mistakes in Estate Planning – IV
- Common Mistakes in Estate Planning – Part III
- Common Mistakes in Estate Planning – Part II
- Cómo Incluir la Planificación Heredada en Su Plan Patrimonial
- What to Do When You Do Not Want to Divide Your Estate Equally Among Your Children
- More than Just Salad Dressing: The Ongoing Saga of Newman’s Own Foundation
- Planning for the “Silver Tsunami”
- How Much Power Is in a Power of Attorney?
- Review Your Estate Plan During LGBT History Month
- What’s Estate Planning Got to do with Interest Rates – Part II
- What’s Estate Planning Got to do with Interest Rates – Part I
- Hispanic Heritage Month in Los Angeles
- How Can a Tax Apportionment Clause Benefit My Estate Plan?
- How to Create Your First Estate Plan
- Understanding Undue Influence – Part II
- Understanding Undue Influence – Part I
- Strategies to Help Protect Your Assets
- ¿Cuándo Debo Actualizar Mi Plan de Sucesión?￼
- How Do I Trust Thee…Part III
- How Do I Trust Thee…Part I
- Can a Trust Be the Beneficiary of a Life Insurance Policy?
- 5 Estate Planning Mistakes You Can Avoid Making
- How Can Estate Planning Help Protect Your Business?
- What Is Fiduciary Role and How Do I Pick My Fiduciaries?
- Is It Time to Update Your Beneficiaries?
- The Importance of Liquidity in Your Estate Plan
- What Is a GRIT and Do I Need One?
- Business Succession Planning May Be Easier than You Think
- The Toll of Serving as Fiduciary
- The Power in Powers of Appointment
- Can I Prevent People from Contesting My Will?
- Tips for Making Gifts to Grandchildren
- What Is Veterans Aid and Attendance?
- Application of the Transfer for Value Rule to the Sale of Life Insurance
- What Estate of Marion Levine Means for Life Insurance
- Let’s Talk about Trusts…and Taxation
- Understanding Life Insurance
- How to Choose the Right Executor
- What Everyone Should Know about the New FDIC Regulations
- Should I Include a QTIP Trust in My Estate Plan?
- Estate Planning Terms Explained
- Double Your Gifting with Spousal Gift-Splitting
- The Evolution of our Unified Estate and Gift Tax System
- Common Ways to Include Charitable Gifts in Your Estate Plan
- What Is the Most Important Estate Planning Document?
- Dejar a Sus Hijos una Herencia de Suma Global Puede No Ser Sabio
- Tax Planning for 2022
- Using Entities in Estate Planning
- The Sky Isn’t Falling
- Practical Lessons in Drafting
- It’s Better to Give Than to Receive
- What Happens If I Leave Property Out of My Living Trust?
- Recently Divorced? Have You Updated Your Estate Plan?
- How Can I Keep the Details of My Estate Plan Private?
- Answer These Questions to Shape Your Estate Plan
- Questions to Consider When It’s Time to Create Your Will
- IRS Releases 2022 Estate Tax Exclusion
- California Advocates for Nursing Home Reform: Abolish Medi-Cal Estate Recovery
- Don’t be a Turkey – Use Your Annual Per Donee Exclusion Amount
- Living in a Digital World and the Importance of Planning for Cryptocurrency
- It Can Be Scary to Die Without an Estate Plan…the HORRORS of Intestacy
- Charitable Planning in Times of Crisis
- How Estate Planning Documents Help Prevent Elder Abuse
- How Using Specific Bequests Could Cost Beneficiaries their Inheritance
- Choose Your Estate Administrator Wisely
- Do You Pay Capital Gains Tax on Inherited Appreciated Assets?
- What Is a Life Estate?
- DIY Estate Planning Can Yield Unintended Consequences
- What Is Probate and Why Do People Try to Avoid It?
- Why Do You Need an Estate Plan?
- A Casual Discussion With an Estate Planning Lawyer
- Can You Revoke a Trust?
- Does Your Estate Plan Include These Important Documents?
- Changing “Irrevocable” Trusts Through Use of a Trust Protector
- Estate Planning Reduces Stress During High Anxiety Times
- The Other Side of the Unauthorized Practice of Law
- Dealing with a Negative Review
- Is a Handwritten Will Valid in California?
- Three Steps That Lead to an Effective Estate Plan
- Estate Planning Is an Ongoing Process
- Do Transfer on Death Accounts Avoid Probate?
- Donor Advised Funds: Too Good to Be True?
- Changing “Irrevocable” Trusts Through Decanting
- Conservation Easements Can Be a Good Solution
- Own an Out-of-State Vacation Home? You Need a Living Trust
- What Is a Fiduciary?
- Debunking Four Estate Planning Myths
- Who Gets Your Assets If You Don’t Have an Estate Plan?
- Advantages of Using a “Grantor Trust” in Planning
- Taxation of Nongrantor Trusts
- Tax Reporting with Trusts
- Dangers of Do-It-Yourself Estate Planning
- Do You Avoid Probate With a Will?
- Estate Planning for Millennials
- Five Things You Should Know About Living Trusts
- What’s the Difference Between Per Stirpes and Per Capita Beneficiaries?
- It’s Important to Have a Coordinated Estate Plan
- Revocable Trusts Are Not Always Treated the Same as an Individual
- Roth IRAs Can Be a Great Planning Strategy: Basics
- Trust Distribution Standards May Be Very Broad
- Soaring L.A. Real Estate Values Can Lead to Estate Tax Liability
- When Is a Trust Better Than a Will?
- Estate Planning Conference Discusses “For the 99.5% Act,” SECURE, and More
- Learning and Camaraderie at the Academy Summit
- Plan Now for the Incredible Shrinking Exclusion
- Keep It Simple With a Living Trust
- Now Is the Time to Schedule an Estate Plan Review
- These Four Trusts Fly Under the Radar
- Do IRA Transfers to a Beneficiary Go Through Probate?
- The QDOT Solution for Non-Citizen Spouses
- Are You Sure Your Kids Want Your Stuff?
- Five Tips for Planning Your Estate Effectively
- Use It Before It’s Gone
- CRT: Best Tool for Proposed Tax Changes?
- “Last Will and Testament” Origin
- Pandemic Relief for Employers
- How to Dispose of “Stuff”
- Using Disclaimers to Achieve Client Goals
- Should a Married Couple Use a Shared Living Trust?
- What Is a Life Estate?
- Five Reasons to Put an Estate Plan in Place
- Consider These Questions When You Plan Your Estate
- Have You Made Your Final Arrangements?
- When Is Probate Necessary?
- An Overview of Living Trust Administration
- Beneficiary Designations and the SECURE Act Basics
- Beneficiary Designations
- Beneficiary Designations and the SECURE Act: Eligible Designated Beneficiaries
- Is Life Insurance Part of Your Estate Plan?
- 2021 Estate Planning Survey Reveals Interesting Trend
- Can Someone Challenge a Living Trust?
- Dynasty Trusts
- Is There a State Estate Tax in California?
- What Happens to Assets Left Out of My Living Trust?
- You Need These Four Estate Planning Documents
- Can You Dissolve a Trust If Circumstances Change?
- Gift Tax Exclusion Will Remain Constant in 2021
- Biden Administration Could Reduce Estate Tax Exclusion
- Starting the New Year Right
- Estate Planning Insight for Blended Families
- Simple Wills 101
- How Do You Include a Minor in Your Estate Plan?
- Step-Up in Basis May Be Targeted
- Updating Your Plan: Powers of Attorney
- Updating Your Plan: Your Trust or Will
- Updating Your Plan: Beneficiary Designations
- Is Joint Tenancy a Good Estate Planning Solution?
- Estate Planning: Resolve to Stop the Procrastination in 2021
- Genworth: Los Angeles Long-Term Care Costs Are on the Rise
- Do IRA Beneficiaries Pay Taxes on the Income
- Wealthy Entrepreneur Hsieh Died Intestate
- Attend to These Estate Planning Details
- Adjustment Will Increase Estate Tax Exclusion in 2021
- An Overview of 2021 Medicare Premiums and Deductibles
- A Time for Thanks and Community
- What the 2020 Election Could Mean for Your Estate Plan
- Preparing for the Unexpected…and the Eventual
- When Is a Trust Necessary (Part 2)?
- When Is a Trust Necessary (Part 1)?
- These Estate Planning Errors Can Be Costly
- As COVID-19 Surges, a Clear Picture Emerges
- Is the Uniform Probate Code Used in California?
- Your Legacy Plan Can Include the Gift of Education
- What’s an “Atom Bomb” or “Contingent Remainder” Beneficiary?
- Academy’s Fall Summit Virtually Perfect
- Fair Isn’t Always Equal and Vice Versa
- Use Large Gift Tax Exclusion While You Can
- Do You Pay Taxes on Living Trust Distributions?
- Staying Current is Especially Important in the Pandemic
- What Happens to Assets Left Out of a Living Trust?
- Embrace the Estate Planning Process
- Charitable Giving Can Enhance Your Legacy
- Staying Current is Especially Important in the Pandemic
- Planning Is Important
- Chadwick Boseman Demonstrates the Importance of Planning
- Puerto Ricans are Unique, as Is Estate Planning for Them
- Generational Wealth is Key to Leveling the Playing Field
- Are Inheritances Subject to Capital Gains Taxes?
- What Is a Conservatorship?
- Do You Lose Control of Assets in a Trust?
- Address These Three Legacy Threats
- Can You Create a Trust for Your Pet?
- Four Reasons to Use a Trust Instead of a Will
- Use the Exclusion or Lose It
- Will Your Estate Plan Still Work If You Move?
- Building Flexibility into Your Plan
- Do You Need a Lawyer to Plan Your Estate?
- Is a Shared Living Trust Right for You?
- Inheritance Planning Can Be Laser Focused
- IRAs and Inheritance Planning
- Don’t Buy Into These Myths About Trusts
- Assignment and Nominee
- Leaving Assets Can Be Tricky
- Leaving Assets Can Be Tricky – Part 3
- Leaving Assets Can Be Tricky – Part 2
- Estate Tax vs. Inheritance Tax
- An Incentive Trust Can Provide Dual Benefits
- Why Should I Use a Trust?
- Are There Different Types of Wills?
- Gift Tax 101
- The Basics: “HIPAA” Powers
- Removing Life Insurance Without Triggering the Transfer for Value Rule
- The Basics: Powers of Attorney for Healthcare
- A Heggstad Petition Can Provide a Solution
- Steer Clear of These Estate Planning Traps
- Gift Tax Closes Window of Opportunity
- Avoiding Family Chaos in the Coronavirus Age
- Estate Planning: Where Do You Begin?
- Simplify the Estate Administration Process
- Why Would You Use an Irrevocable Trust?
- Why Do People Avoid Probate?
- Uncompensated Transfers
- Low-Interest Loans: An Estate Planning Technique
- Keep Inheritances Safe With a Living Trust
- Election Could Bring Estate Tax Changes
- Anticipate Possible Estate Challenges
- Academy’s Spring Summit Virtually Perfect
- Schomer Law Group Attends Exclusive Virtual Legal Conference
- A Living Trust Is More Effective Than a Last Will
- What Is a Generation-Skipping Trust?
- A Pet Trust Can Provide a Solution
- Coronavirus and Nursing Homes
- Economic Fallout from Coronavirus May Provide Opportunities
- Estate Planning for the LGBT Community
- How Is a Trust Administered?
- Estate Planning for Small Business Partners
- Avoid These Estate Planning Mistakes
- Emotional Barriers Can Cause Estate Planning Inaction
- Can You Modify a Living Trust?
- Living Trust Administration: Intentions Matter
- How Can an Estate Be Challenged?
- Consider the Impact of an Inheritance
- Preparing for Coronavirus
- Five Key Inheritance Planning Considerations
- Best Places to Retire: State Taxation
- Joint Tenancy Pros and Cons
- Planning for the Sandwich Generation
- What Is a QPRT?
- The SECURE Act May Impact Your Estate Plan
- Lesson Learned From Kobe Bryant Crash
- Beneficiary Designations and Other Non-Probate Transfers
- Estate Planning Conference Discusses SECURE Act and More
- The SECURE Act and What It Means for You
- Planning for the SECURE Act
- Inherited Knowledge Can Be Priceless
- Trust Administration: Legal Assistance Can Be Invaluable
- Top Five Estate Planning Tips
- Remarriage Planning Can Protect Your Legacy
- Estate Tax Exclusion Amount Adjusted for 2020
- How Will You Age in Place and Be Able to Die at Home?
- Tax Planning for 2020
- Getting Together with Family for the Holidays
- Reasons an Estate Plan Could Be Challenged: Part 3 – Fraud
- Reasons an Estate Plan Could Be Challenged: Part 4 – Lack of Testamentary Capacity
- SECURE Act 2.0 Would Enact More IRA Changes
- What Is a QDOT?
- Charitable Giving Can Enhance Your Legacy Plan
- Probate, Living Trusts & Heggstad Petitions: Part 3
- Probate, Living Trusts & Heggstad Petitions: Part 2
- Probate, Living Trusts & Heggstad Petitions: Part 1
- The Questions of Estate Planning, Part 6: Why
- Reasons an Estate Plan Could Be Challenged: Part 2 – Undue Influence
- Continuing Legal Education in San Diego
- The Questions of Estate Planning, Part 2
- The Questions of Estate Planning, Part 3: When
- The Questions of Estate Planning, Part I: Who
- Inheritance Balancing for Family Business Owners
- Estate Planning Demystified
- Four Reasons to Engage an Estate Planning Attorney
- Is Joint Tenancy a Good Estate Planning Solution?
- When Does a Living Trust Terminate?
- Don’t Forget a Letter of Final Instructions
- Estate Taxes 101
- Make Your Own Plan
- Why Choose a Living Trust Over a Last Will?
- Estate Taxes and Real Property
- Don’t Make Assumptions About Trusts
- Will My Heirs Pay an Inheritance Tax?
- 529 Plans: Planning for Education with a Tax and Asset Protection Bonus
- Planning for the Unexpected
- Planning for Special Needs Children
- Two Trusts That Provide Advanced Solutions
- Probate Can Be Misunderstood
- Long-Term Planning: One Thing Leads to Another
- There Is More Than One Type of Will
- Planning for Step-Children
- Your Planning Can Help Your Loved Ones
- The Importance of Communicating Your Plans
- How Much is Too Much?
- Can You Add and Remove Assets From a Living Trust?
- What Is the Function of the Probate Court?
- Estate Planning for Young L.A. Families
- Many Reasons to Plan
- Wealth Preservation for High Net Worth Individuals
- What Are the Duties of a Living Trust Trustee?
- Take Steps to Prevent Estate Challenges
- Why Crowdfunding May Cost You Medicaid Eligibility
- Consequences of Modifying an Irrevocable Trust
- Clarity is Key to Planning
- Lessons to Learn From Aretha Franklin Case
- Inheritance Planning Is an Ongoing Process
- Estate Planning: A Glossary of Relevant Terms
- Estate Tax Exposure and Affluence in Los Angeles
- What is a GST Trust?
- Kiddie Tax is Worse Than Ever
- Staying Current on Estate Planning
- Don’t Assume–Creative Estate Planning Solutions Exist
- Last Wills vs. Living Trusts: Weighing the Pros and Cons
- Estate Planning Procrastination Had Devastating Impact on LA Legend Morrison
- Basic Estate Plan Components
- Estate Planning and Remarriage
- A Conversation With an Inheritance Planning Attorney
- Top Five Benefits of a Living Trust
- Modifying an Irrevocable Trust
- Trust Protectors Add Flexibility
- Making Trusts More Flexible
- Planning is Critical
- Can You Give Gifts to Avoid the Estate Tax?
- Study: Most Los Angeles Residents Do Not Have Wills
- Attend an Upcoming Estate Planning Seminar
- Estate Administration: Fact vs. Fiction
- The Right Estate Tax Efficiency Strategy Can Preserve Your Legacy
- ABLE Accounts
- What are UGMA and UTMA Accounts?
- Common Misconceptions Regarding Los Angeles Living Trusts
- What Are 529 Plans and What Are Their Advantages?
- Are Beneficiaries Entitled to a Copy of the Will?
- What Are the Most Important Things I Need to Know About Estate Planning?
- What is a Revocable Living Trust?
- State Income Taxation
- State Income Taxation of Nongrantor Trusts
- New Tax Proposals
- Top Four Reasons to Create a Comprehensive Estate Plan
- Turning the Page on 2018 and Looking Forward to 2019
- Grantor Trusts Provide Flexibility and Ease
- Nongrantor Trusts Can Be Very Useful in Certain Situations
- How to Preserve Your Legacy With Estate Planning
- Proposed Regulations Address “Clawback” Issue
- Being Thankful and Sharing Your Blessings
- QDRO: Not Just for Divorce Anymore
- Giving Back
- How Are Trusts Taxed?
- Using Dynasty Trusts to Protect Your Estate For Generations to Come
- Naming a Trust as Beneficiary of an IRA
- Prenuptial Agreements Can Provide Remarriage Protection
- Estate Planning is About More Tan Taxes
- California Estate Planning for Non-Citizens
- Aretha Franklin Died Intestate: What Does It Mean for Her Family?
- Estate Planning is for You, Not Just Your Parents or Grandparents
- Los Angeles Estate Planning Lawyers Dispel the Stigma of a Prenup
- Planning for the Client Moving Overseas
- Why Should You Create a Special Needs Trust?
- What’s a 529 Plan and What Are the Benefits to Using One?
- Planning for Lottery Winners, Part 2 of 2
- Planning for Lottery Winners, Part 1 of 2
- The Value of Orange County Estate Planning Attorneys
- Trusts for Privacy
- Planning to Avoid Too Much SALT
- Living Trusts: True or False?
- Los Angeles Property Listed as the Most Expensive in the Area
- Estate Planning: It’s Not Just About the Estate Taxes
- Planning for Frequent Flyer Miles
- You Never Know: Planning for the Unexpected
- Incapacity Planning
- Three Tips for Avoiding Estate Litigation
- Who Makes the Decision When There is No Advance Directive?
- Do Prenuptial Agreements Result in Trust and Estate Litigation?
- Planning for the International Client
- 6 Important Estate Planning Considerations – Part 6: Taxes
- Dead Hand Control: How Much is Too Much?
- Planning for the Unexpected
- Do-It-Yourself Estate Planning Can Lead to Litigation
- 6 Important Estate Planning Considerations – Part 3: Your Kids
- Estate Planning is Too Important to Procrastinate
- 6 Important Estate Planning Considerations – Part 4: Beneficiary Designations
- Academy Event in Las Vegas Hit the Jackpot!
- 6 Important Estate Planning Considerations – Part 2: Long-Term Care
- 6 Important Estate Planning Considerations – Part 1: Incapacity
- Retirement: It’s not Just About the Money
- Estate Planning Attorneys Discuss Privacy Issues
- Academy Event in Las Vegas is No Gamble
- Estate Planning Lawyers Advice for Gay Seniors
- How Are You Planning for Long-Term Care (LTC) Expenses?
- Treasury Releases New Inflation Adjustment
- Basis is Important in Estate Planning
- When Should I Revisit My Estate Plan?
- Estate Planning Attorneys Help Sole Proprietors With Their Business Plan
- Age-Related Retirement Milestones
- Retirement is Complicated
- Estate Planning: Simple is not Always Better
- Estate Planning: The Simplest Plan is Usually Not the Best
- Understanding the Uniform Transfers to Minors Act
- New Tax Law May Affect State Income Tax, Too!
- Planning for Retirement Plans and IRAs: Asset Protection
- Planning for Retirement Plans and IRAs: Beneficiary Designation
- Sager Family Shows Perils of Blended Families
- Estate Planning Attorneys Give Advice to Newlyweds and Young Families
- Preserving Your Wealth for Generations
- When Do You Need a Special Needs Trust?
- Irrevocable Trusts: What Are They and Why Do I Need One?
- Would You Prefer a Charitable Deduction This Year?
- No Charitable Deduction in 2018?
- A Special Option for Special Kids
- Basics of Estate Planning: Privacy and Estate Planning
- Basics of Estate Planning: Powers of Appointment – Part 2
- Basics of Estate Planning: Powers of Appointment – Part 1
- Understanding the Difference Between a Living Trust and a Medicaid Trust
- Is Inheritance Planning the Same as Estate Planning?
- Basics of Estate Planning: Portability
- Basics of Estate Planning: Portability vs. Credit Shelter Trust
- Including Guardianship Provisions in Your Estate Plan
- Los Alamitos Estate Planning for Veterans: What You Should Know
- Face Painting and Feeding the Needy in Orange County
- Is it Possible to Increase a Veteran’s Disability Rating?
- Be Cautious of Veterans Charity Scams in your Estate Planning
- 7 Tips for Attending your Veterans Compensation and Pension Exam
- Digital Estate Planning: Preparing for the Future
- The Importance of Los Angeles Estate Planning for Veterans
- Basics of Estate Planning: Lack of Coordination
- Law in the U.S. can be Participatory
- Basics of Estate Planning: Getting the Most out of Charitable Gifts
- Basics of Estate Planning: Two Common Mistakes with Trusts
- Basics of Estate Planning: Choosing a Roth or Traditional IRA (or 401k)
- Basics of Estate Planning: Advising Clients on Selecting Fiduciaries
- Basics of Estate Planning: Asset Protection
- Basics of Estate Planning: Estate Planning for Major Life Events
- Distinguishing Between Community and Separate Property in Your Estate Plan
- Including Veterans Pension Benefits in Your Retirement Planning
- How Does My Debt Affect My Estate Planning?
- Anniversary of Shark Attack Reiterates Need for Orange County Estate Planning
- Orange County Estate Planning Lawyers Can Help Keep your Plan Private
- Orange County Estate Planning Attorneys Provide 12 Easy Steps
- What Happens if I am Single and I Die Without a Will?
- What Happens if My Spouse and I Die at the Same Time?
- Five Mistakes to Avoid When Creating a Will
- Check Out the Los Angeles Department of Animal Services for a New Pet
- Five Facts About Federal Estate Taxes
- Revocable Trust vs. Irrevocable Trust: Which Do I Choose?
- Everything You Need to Know about Wills
- Fatal Crash in Hesperia Highlights Need for Estate Plan
- 4 Reasons for Contesting a Will
- The Benefits of Having a Durable Power of Attorney
- Should I Include a Pet Trust in My Estate Plan?
- How California Inheritance Laws Determine Distribution of an Estate [UPDATED 2020]
- What Are the Executor Duties to Pay Creditors?
- Living Trust Lawyer Dispels Common Myths
- Understanding Guardianship for Minors in California
- Should I Use a Do It Yourself Will?
- There is no California Inheritance Tax
- What is a Trust and how do You Create One?
- Understanding Your Executor Duties
- The Risks of Using an Online Will
- Wrongful Death Lawsuit Settled Against Studio City Fitness Gym in Los Angeles
- Understanding the Purpose of a Spendthrift Trust
- Using a Living Will as a Healthcare Directive
- 7 Common Questions about an Irrevocable Trust
- What the Executor of a Will Should Know about Wills
- All You Need to Know about a Testamentary Trust
- The Benefits of a Family Limited Partnership
- Elder Law Attorneys Provide Legal Help for Seniors
- Competency to Create a Last Will and Testament
- Los Angeles Clear the Shelters Event Helps Pets Find Homes
- Mistakes to Avoid in Los Angeles Probate Administration
- Should I Include my Timeshare in my Living Trust?
- California does not Impose Inheritance Taxes
- Common Reasons for Contested Wills
- Modifying Revocable Trusts
- LA County Fair has Huge Economic Impact on Business
- An Executor of Estate Should Know the California Slayer Statute
- California Estate Tax and Lottery Winnings
- Responsibilities of Executor in Probating California Estate
- Do I Need a Pour Over Will?
- Why Asset Protection is Important for Financial Planning
- Los Angeles Trusts Attorney Can Help You Avoid Mistakes
- Let Prince be an Example: Don’t Die without a Will
- Aspects of a Living Will California Residents Should Know
- Estate Administration and the Distribution of Property
- How to Roll Over an IRA
- Why you need a Los Angeles estate planning attorney
- Living Trust Attorney Explains how a Living Trust Works
- Common Mistakes in Retirement Planning You Should Avoid
- Three Most Common Questions about Estate Tax
- Can Living Trust Lawyers be Trustees?
- Tips for Avoiding Trust Litigation
- What is Digital Estate Planning and Why Do I Need it?
- 4 Advantages of a Durable Power of Attorney
- What is a Third-Party Special Needs Trust?
- Creating a Will: Who is competent?
- What You Should Know about a DIY Estate Plan
- Should I Be Worried About Inheritance Tax?
- California’s Ancillary Probate Process
- When does Trust Litigation Become Necessary?
- Dying without a Will in California
- 5 Mistakes to Avoid in Filing Estate Tax Return
- The California Lottery Pays Big for Education in Los Angeles
- What You Need to Know About California Estate Tax [UPDATED 2019]
- 2 Main Purposes of Estate Planning
- Is it Possible to Reject an Inheritance?
- Three Benefits of a Living Trust
- Living Trust: 3 Most Common Myths
- 4 Reasons You Must Have an Estate Plan
- Three Ways to Avoid Federal Estate Tax
- 4 Types of Wills and what they Should Include [UPDATED 2020]
- The Importance of Minimizing Surprises
- Not Every Power of Attorney is the Same!
- Irrevocable Trusts in California
- Does Your Estate Plan Anticipate the Bereavement Effect?
- Which is Better: a Will or a Trust?
- Your Mother Always Said: Don’t Leave a Mess!
- Life’s Stages Dictate Different Estate Plans
- What are the Crucial Estate planning documents?
- Do-it-yourself (DIY) estate planning – Is it worth saving the few dollars?
- Should I Create a QTIP Trust?
- How to Transfer Appreciable Assets as Gifts
- What Makes a Trust Irrevocable?
- It is Time to Update Your Will
- What is a Letter of Instruction?
- Are verbal wills valid in California?
- What are Crummey Powers?
- What do Per Stirpes and Per Capita Mean?
- Does Your Firm Handle Wills?
- A Living Trust: The Good and the Bad
- Diffusing Sibling Rivalry in Estate Planning
- Who Should Have a Will?
- Free Report: The Disadvantages of a Bare Bones Trust in California
- LA Probate Law Estate Planning for Seniors
- Estate Liquidity Planning
- What is the Capital Gains Tax?
- Why Have a Living Trust?
- Maintaining Control with a Living Trust
- How Do I Revoke my Trust?
- What You Need to Know About Living Trusts
- How Do Trusts Affect Income Taxes?
- Living Trust vs Power of Attorney
- Should I Modify My Trust if I Buy or Sell Assets?
- When is an Estate Tax Return Due?
- Annual Fees for a Trust in California
- What is an IDGT?
- Do I Have to Come in to Make Changes to a Trust?
- Video Blog: Services Offered by the Schomer Law Group – Living Trusts, Wills, Probate, Litigation
- Free Report: Being a Personal Representative in California
- Free Report: How to Preserve Your Wealth For Generations in California
- Can I Give My Child $10,000 Every Year?
- Can Agents Give Gifts Through My Power of Attorney?
- Transferring Property into Trust
- Free Report: Legacy Wealth Planning in California
- How to Preserve Your Wealth for Generations in California
- Free Report: Advance Health Care Directives in California
- Free Report: Incapacity in California
- Guide to Personal Representative in California
- When Does a Revocable Trust End?
- Intestate Succession in California
- What Is Joint Tenancy with Right of Survivorship in Los Angeles CA?
- Property Taxes and Living Trusts in California
- Is Everyone Required to Honor a Power of Attorney?
- Leaving Your Estate to Your Spouse Tax Free
- When is a Power of Attorney Effective
- Legacy Wealth Planning in California: Protecting Your Family’s Future
- Free Report: Power of Attorney in California
- Can I Create a Joint Tenancy With My Child in Los Angeles?
- What is a Supplemental Needs Trust?
- If I Die Intestate in Los Angeles, How will my Property be Distributed?
- Do I have to pay taxes if someone gives me money?
- Is Probate Always Required?
- Should I have a durable power of attorney for health care?
- What Happens to a Living Trust When One Spouse Dies?
- What Is a Living Will in Los Angeles California?
- How Do You Terminate a Power of Attorney in Los Angeles CA?
- Category: Special Needs Planning
- How to Make Sure Your Special Needs Trust Is Used As Intended
- Does Medicaid Recover the Remainder in a Special Needs Trust?
- Is There a Distinction Between SSI and SSDI?
- Special Needs Planning Can Preserve Government Benefits
- Another Type of Medi-Cal Planning
- What’s the Difference Between SSI and SSDI?
- Special Needs Planning and Estate Recovery
- Use Resources Efficiently With a Special Needs Trust
- Upcoming Workshop in Los Angeles Provides Helpful Information for Children with Autism
- What Is a Special Needs Trust in Los Angeles California?
- Pooled Trusts in Special Needs Planning
- SSI and Special Needs Trusts
- How Much Does a Special Needs Trust Cost in California?
- What Are the Differences Between SSI and SSDI?
- What is a Third Party Special Needs Trust?
- How to Protect Personal Injury Settlement From Creditors
- Category: retirement planning
- Category: family-owned business
- The Importance of El Segundo Small Business Planning
- New Retail Furniture Chain Coming to Huntington Beach
- What Happens to Your Business After a Divorce?
- Understanding the Benefits of Pass-through Businesses
- What is a Family Limited Partnership?
- What is a Buy-Sell Agreement?
- What is Succession Planning?
- What is a Closely Held Business?
- How to Save on Taxes When Choosing Your Business Entity
- Sole Proprietors Need Business Estate Planning
- Limited Liability Companies and Asset Protection
- Lifetime Transfers and Testamentary Transfers
- Free Report: Family-Owned Business Estate Planning in California
- Family-Owned Business Estate Planning in California
- Category: Taxes
- Category: Attorney
- Category: Fraudulent Transfers
- Category: Trust Administration and Probate
- Why Is Naming a Successor Trustee Important?
- What You Should Know about Asset Protection Trusts
- Can a Beneficiary’s Interest in a Trust Be Sold?
- How Can I Encourage a Beneficiary to Use an Inheritance as Intended?
- Can a Trustee Be Held Personally Liable for Mistakes Made When Administering a Trust?
- Trust Administration – A Checklist for the First-Time Trustee
- Can I Be the Trustee of the Trust I Establish?
- Why A Will Is Still Necessary If You Have a Family Wealth Trust
- Can I Appoint Myself as Trustee?
- QTIP Trust vs Bypass Trust: Which Do You Need?
- What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of a Living Trust?
- When Do I Need a Tax ID Number for a Trust?
- What You Need to Know About Suing a Trustee of a Trust
- The Key to Perfect Los Angeles Trust Administration
- What Trustees Need to Know About Constructive Trusts
- What is an AB Living Trust?
- What Happens to a Living Trust at Death?
- What is Administration of the Trust?
- Everything You Should Know About Orange County Trust Administration
- Special Needs Trust Administration and the Use of Prepaid Debit Cards
- Dispelling the Most Common Myths About the Living Trust
- Trust Administration Vs. Estate Probate: Which is Better?
- Trust Administration and Timeshares in California
- What Trust Beneficiaries Should Expect from Trust Administration
- What is Trust and Estate Litigation and Can I Avoid It?
- How Does the Sole Benefit Rule Affect Trust Administration?
- Tips for Managing Real Estate in Your Los Angeles Trust Administration
- Trust Administration: Should Your Lawyer Be Your Trustee?
- What is a Constructive Trust and Why Would You Ever Need One?
- Lost Alamitos Trust Lawyers Discuss the Benefits of Pet Trusts
- The Importance of Funding in Los Angeles Trust Administration
- What is Required When a Loved One with a Living Trust Dies?
- Orange County Trust Lawyers Discuss Trust Issues
- Los Angeles Trust Lawyers Explain Timeshares and Living Trusts
- Mistakes to Avoid in Los Angeles Trust Administration
- A Guide to Avoiding Probate
- What is a Grantor Retained Annuity Trust?
- What is a Qualified Personal Residence Trust?
- What is a Charitable Remainder Trust?
- The Disadvantages of a Bare Bones Trust
- Free Report: The Ins and Outs of Distributing An Estate in California
- How Do I Fund My Trust?
- Do Beneficiaries Pay Inheritance Tax?
- Estate Planning with POD or TOD Accounts
- Should I Name My Attorney Trustee of my Living Trust?
- What is an ILIT?
- How Much Does Probate Cost?
- Category: Business succession
- Category: General
- May Is Military Appreciation Month
- Are You Entitled to Veteran Benefits?
- Appointing a Trustee – How to Make the Right Choice
- Schomer Law Group Announces Promotion of Cesar Gil to Operations Director
- SCHOMER LAW GROUP ATTENDS EXCLUSIVE CONFERENCE – RECEIVES IMPORTANT ELDER & ESTATE PLANNING EDUCATION IN INDIANAPOLIS, IN
- The Differences between Medi-Cal and Medicare.
- What Is the Uniform Probate Code?
- What are the Disadvantages of a Power of Attorney?
- What is an Executor?
- Can I give away my assets in order to be eligible for Medi-Cal?
- What will happen to my property in California, if I die without a will?
- What is the Cost When My Spouse Dies?
- Who Can be a First Party Trust Beneficiary?
- Can I Modify My Trust?
- What is the Function of a Probate Paralegal?
- The Ins and Outs of Distributing An Estate in California
- Funding a Timeshare into a Trust
- Who is Competent to Make a Will in California?
- ATTORNEY SCOTT P. SCHOMER ATTENDS AMERICAN ACADEMY OF ESTATE PLANNING ATTORNEYS’ 2015 SPRING SUMMIT
- Video Blog – Advantages and Disadvantages of Probate Administration
- Video Blog: Can I Serve as Trustee of my Living Trust
- Video Blog – Why Estate Planning is Important – Living Trusts and Wills
- Video Blog: What is the Difference Between a Will and a Living Trust
- Types of Special Needs Trusts in Los Angeles
- When Do I Need a Special Needs Trust?
- What Happens to My Estate If I Die Single?
- What is the generation skipping tax?
- What is a Power of Attorney?
- How Large of an Estate Can Pass Tax Free?
- Does My Mother Need a Guardian?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of a conservatorship?
- Should I have a durable power of attorney for healthcare?
- Welcome To Our New Blog
- Category: Special Needs Trusts in California
- Category: disinherited beneficiary
- Category: health care
- Category: in terrorem clause
- Category: Uncategorized
- Protecting Your Digital Assets: What Happens to Your Online Accounts After You Pass Away?
- Peace of Mind in Contentious Probates: Why a Professional Fiduciary is Essential
- Expertise, Objectivity, and Efficiency: Why Single Individuals Need a Professional Fiduciary in their Estate Plan
- Single Parents: Why You Need to Create a Legal Plan for Your Children’s Care
- Why Los Angeles Probates are So Lengthy: Understanding the Reasons Behind the Delays
- Estate Planning Webinars: A Time and Money-Saving Solution
- Probate Fees in Los Angeles County: Understanding the Costs and How to Minimize Them
- Insights on Estate Planning: What We Can Learn from Raquel Welch’s Experience
- What is Probate and Why is it Necessary in California?
- Formas Comunes de Incluir Donaciones Caritativas en Su Plan de Sucesión
- What Happens If You Die Without a Will?
- Share Information With Your Estate Administrator
- CARES Act Impacts IRA RMDs
- Medi-Cal Waiver Can Provide Relief for Caregivers
- Webinar Recording: 2019 Year-end Tax Planning for Investors
- Webinar Recording: The Ins and Outs of Selling Real Property During a Probate
- Incapacity Planning Can Prevent Conflicts
- What Does it Mean to Have a Living Trust?
- What is the Maximum VA Aid and Attendance Benefits Amount?
- Can You Help Me With Medi-Cal Asset Protection?
- Scott P. Schomer Certified As Specialist In Estate Planning, Trust And Probate Law
- Your Father Always Wanted me to have that Money
- Laura L. Bromlow, Esq. Attends 2018 Veterans Benefits Conference in Denver, CO
- Southern California Elder Abuse Issues
- Los Angeles Estate Planning Lawyers Explain Capital Gains
- Why Hire a Probate Attorney?
- Probate Litigation
- Los Alamitos Residents Frustrated by their Utility Bills
- #ArtBeatForHumanity drums are on display at the offices of Laura Bromlow in Los Alamitos
- The Benefits of Los Angeles Asset Protection Trusts
- 2017 Southern California Super Lawyer
- Elder Financial Abuse California Attorneys Know the Signs
- Dying Intestate – California Blended Families Need to Plan
- Why You Need Family Estate Planning
- Planning for the Possible Guardianship of a Minor
- Category: Incapacity Planning
- Using a Living Trust for Incapacity Planning
- Incapacity Planning: Prepare for the Twilight Years
- What Is a HIPAA Release?
- Include Advance Directives in Your Estate Plan
- Latter Life Incapacity Looms Large
- Incapacity Planning Can Prevent a Conservatorship
- Elderly Woman With Dementia is Missing in La Mirada
- Unfortunate Death of Veteran with Dementia Reminds us about Incapacity Planning
- Family Caregiver Support Groups for Alzheimer’s Patients in California
- SoCal Alzheimer’s Association Provides Monthly Telephone Support Group
- How Much Does it Cost to File for Conservatorship in California? [UPDATED 2020]
- HIPAA Authorizations in Incapacity Planning
- What Is Conservatorship in Los Angeles California?
- Durable Power of Attorney in Los Angeles: What Are Its Advantages?
- What is the difference between conservatorship and power of attorney?
- Incapacity Planning in California
- What is Incapacity in California?
- Conservatorship in Los Angeles CA: How Do I Know If My Parent Needs It?
- Free Report: What is a Conservatorship in California?
- What Is Estate Planning?
- Category: Federal Estate Taxes in California
- Category: no contest clause
- Category: Article
- LA Probate Law: Are You at Risk for Inheritance Scams
- LA Probate Law Recovering Stolen Assets
- LA Probate Law: All About Wills
- LA Probate Law Explains Probate Law
- LA Probate Law What You Can Do with Bureaucracy Hold Up
- LA Probate Law on Estate Planning Considerations
- LA Probate Law Discusses Trustee and Fiduciary
- LA Probate Law Talks about Stealing an Estate
- LA Probate Law Talks About Contesting a False Will
- LA Probate Law Talks about Conservatorship to Manage Situations
- LA Probate Law: How Does Trusts Work
- LA Probate Law: Handle Probate From Far Away
- LA Probate Law: Create & Change Estate Plans
- LA Probate Law What Type of Estate Plan Do I Need
- Getting a Trust for Your Pet – Ensure their Wellbeing with LA Probate Law
- LA Probate Law Discusses Complications that can arise with Living Will
- LA Probate Law Discusses Elder Abuse Victims Access to Justice
- LA Probate Law Discusses the Role of Probate Courts
- LA Probate Law: Does a Trustee Have to Make an Accounting?
- LA Probate Law Explains What is A Limited Conservatorship
- LA Probate Law Long Road to a Law Degree
- LA Probate Law on Joint Inheritance
- LA Probate Law on Non Traditional Estate Planning
- LA Probate Law on Retainer Fees
- LA Probate Law Readying Your Estate for Your Heirs
- Myths and Truths of Estate Planning by LA Probate Law
- Probate in California Explained by LA Probate Law
- Probate Start to Finish Explained by LA Probate Law
- Special Needs Trusts Discussed by LA Probate Law
- LA Probate Law: What are Probate Courts?
- Legal Care for those who Need Help Offered at LA Probate Law
- LA Probate Law Discusses Annuities
- LA Probate Law Discusses Transferring Real Property into a Living Trust by Grant Deed
- LA Probate Law on Community Property
- LA Probate Law: Life Insurance Trusts
- LA Probate Law: Estate Tax
- LA Probate Law: Must an Estate be Probated?
- LA Probate Law Explains Revocable vs. Irrevocable Trusts
- LA Probate Law: Will is needed Why?
- LA Probate Law: How to Determine if You Should Pursue a Legal Case?
- LA Probate Law All about Gift Tax
- LA Probate Law: How does the Spousal Property Petitions process work?
- Do Family Wealth Trusts Provide Asset Protection?
- What is an SEP IRA?
- Which Should I Choose? Pet Trust or Pet Protection Agreement?
- The Benefits of Pet Insurance
- How to Avoid the Fight over the Family Farm
- How Long Does it Take to Create a Revocable Trust?
- What Is a Domestic Partnership Agreement?
- Why We Need Asset Protection Planning
- What is a QDOT Trust?
- Do Small Businesses Need Asset Protection?
- Pros and Cons of a Living Trust
- Who Can Put Money into an IRA?
- Alternatives to Conservatorship in California
- Why Same Sex Couples Need an Estate Plan
- Can I Use a Power of Attorney for My Pet Estate Plan?
- How to Distribute Assets to Beneficiaries
- Keeping Your Estate Plan Private with Trusts
- Standby Guardianship in California
- Long Term and Short Term Financial Goals
- Which is Better: IRA or 401k?
- Protecting Business Assets from Lawsuits
- Do You Have a Disaster Plan for your Farm Animals?
- Does bankruptcy affect retirement planning?
- Considering a Pet Protection Agreement?
- Do Healthy People Need Medi-Cal Planning?
- Is it Hard for Gay Couples to Get a Divorce?
- Self Proving Wills in California
- Mistakes to Avoid in Special Needs Planning
- What is a Step up in Basis?
- Why Do I Need an Estate Plan for Business?
- What Is a Publicly Traded Company?
- Common Pitfalls in Estate and Probate Administration
- Written Property Agreements for Unmarried Gay Couples
- How Does the Medi-Cal Spend Down Process Work?
- LA Probate Law Talks about Durable Power of Attorney
- California Small Estate Affidavit by LA Probate Law
- Conservatorship with LA Probate Law A conservator is appointed through a court supervised hearing to manage financial or personal affairs for someone who is unable to do so on their own. There are 2 types of conservators: The Conservator of the Estate an
- Elder Financial Exploitation Discussed by LA Probate Law
- Grounds for Contesting a Last Will and Testament Explained by LA Probate Law
- LA Probate Law: Average Time for Estate Administration
- LA Probate Law: How Inheritance Scams Work
- LA Probate Law: Mistakes You Don’t Want to Make With Your Estate Plan
- LA Probate Law on Estate Planning Preparations
- LA Probate Law on Financial Elder Abuse
- LA Probate Law: Out of State Probate
- LA Probate Law Protection from Robbery of Probate
- LA Probate Law Understanding the Different Types of Wills
- LA Probate Law: What is Probate Litigation?
- Responsible Legal Relationship Discussed by LA Probate Law
- Disadvantages of a Living Trust
- How Do You Choose a Probate Attorney?
- LA Probate Law: Avoiding Probate
- LA Probate Law: Estate Planning
- LA Probate Law: Explaining Wills and Trusts
- LA Probate Law: Living Will vs. Living Trust
- LA Probate Law: Myths and Reality of Estate Planning
- LA Probate Law: Security for the Future
- LA Probate Law: Settling an Estate
- Variety of Estate Planning Documents by LA Probate Law
- LA Probate Law: Understanding What an Estate Planning Attorney Does
- LA Probate Law: Unmarried Couples Estate Planning
- LA Probate Law: Q & A
- Reasons for Hiring an LA Probate Law Attorney
- Wills and Probate
- When is Probate Necessary?
- Why Would You Ever Need an LA Probate Law Attorney?
- Pass More of Your Inheritance on with LA Probate Law
- LA Probate Law on How to Make a Will
- Minimize Inheritance Taxes with LA Probate Law
- LA Probate Law You Need to Know
- Let LA Probate Law Help You with Elder Law
- Let LA Probate Law Secure Your Children’s Future
- Set Up a Living Trust through LA Probate Law
- Wills and LA Probate Law
- Avoid Probate with LA Probate Law
- Create a Trust with LA Probate Law
- Executing a Will with LA Probate Law
- Get Estate Planning Guidance with LA Probate Law
- LA Probate Law and Trusts You Should Know About
- LA Probate Law and Why You Need Estate Planning
- Protecting Yourself and Loved Ones Regarding Probate
- Terms and Facts Regarding Probate Law
- Robbery and Criminality in Probate Cases
- What is Probate Law?
- Estate Planning
- Things People Need To Know About Estate Planning
- Last Will and Testaments
- Different Types of Wills for Couples/Partners
- Legalities and Processes Regarding Probate Law
- Your Loved Ones and Your Passing
- Estate Planning Overview
- Estate Planning Considerations
- Does Insurance Coverage Cash Need to go Through Probate?
- Estate That Is Not Topic to Probate
- Estate Planning and Execution of One’s Will
- Different Types of Simple Wills
- Probate Law
- Get Started Planning
- Guardian of the Estate
- How to tell what your Residence is worth
- Living Trusts
- Power of Attorney
- Probate the Basics
- Probate Timeline
- Remaining Spouse: Make a chance to grieve
- The Price of Probate
- What is a Monetary gift tax?
- What is probate?
- Will Guidelines
- The Role of LA Probate Lawyers and their Understanding of LA Probate Law
- LA Probate Law Discusses the Role of Probate Courts
- Wills and Estate planning: What the LA Probate Law Say About Them
- Tips for Choosing a Probate Lawyer who is Well Versed in LA Probate Law
- Important Things to Know about LA Probate Law
- LA Probate Law and Living Will – Defying the stress of time
- LA Probate Law- Things What Every Senior Member of the Family Must Know
- LA Probate Law: Creating a Good and Estate Plan for the Security of Your Family
- The Importance of LA Probate Law and How to Avoid Errors
- LA Probate Law – Ruling out the Uncertainties and Getting Proper Estate Planning Done
- The Significance or LA Probate Law and Wills or Testaments
- LA Probate Law – Protecting Property after Death
- LA Probate Law – Finding the Reasons for Probate Requirements and Duties of a Probate Estate Administrator
- Wills Generated by LA Probate Law for a Cause
- Probate Law on Joint Inheritance: What you Need to Know
- The Importance of Handling LA Probate Law with Care and Precision
- LA Probate Law – Understanding the Techniques of Preparing a Will
- What are Fraudulent Transfers?
- LA Probate Law – Accounting and the Responsibility of a Trustee
- LA Probate Law – An Issue That Affects People of All Ages
- Understanding the LA Probate Law and Estate Management
- LA Probate Law – The Perfect Solution for the Uncertainties
- LA Probate Law – An indispensable Legal Tool
- LA Probate Law and Its Importance to the People’s Welfare
- Important rules and guidelines of the LA Probate Law
- LA Probate Law – Protection of Family Assets after Death and Tragedies
- Why it is Important to Follow the LA Probate Law?
- LA Probate Law – Getting Prepared for Estate and Trust Management
- LA Probate Law – Choose Trusts over Wills or Testaments for a Stable and Favorable Outcome
- LA Probate Law and Estate Planning – Solving the Perplexing Issues
- LA Probate Law and It’s Requirement in Estate Planning
- LA Probate Law – Understanding the Different Aspects of the Probate Process
- Vital Aspect of LA Probate Law for Better Understanding Its Importance
- The Law for Managing Estate, Trust – LA Probate Law
- LA Probate Law – Some General Information you Should Know
- The Tax Implications of a Closely Held Corporation
- LA Probate Law – Estate Planning and the Role of Probate Lawyers
- The Significance of LA Probate Law and Estate Planning
- The Aspects of the LA Probate Law for Those who wants to Know More About It
- The Guidelines of LA Probate Law – What Every Individual should be Aware of
- The Importance of LA Probate Law for the Citizens
- LA Probate Law – The Importance of Handling it Properly and the Role of the Court
- The Role and Importance of a Trustee as stated by the LA Probate Law
- LA Probate Law – The Best Way to Protect Your Family Assets
- LA Probate Law – For Legal Management of Family Assets after Tragedies
- LA Probate Law – The Amulet of the Uncertain Future
- LA Probate Law – The Importance and Relevance of Addressing Estate Planning for the Benefit of Loved Ones
- The Various Aspects and Requirements Concerning the Appropriate Treatment of LA Probate Law
- The Most Effective Methods of Handling LA Probate Law
- The Role of the Probate Court in Tackling LA Probate Law and its Proceedings
- LA Probate Law and the Role of a Trustee
- LA Probate Law: Act Wisely and Take the Right Steps to Gain the Maximum Benefits
- Ensure Protection of Your Family Assets through LA Probate Law
- LA Probate Law – Understanding Probate Process and Hiring a Good Lawyer
- An Introduction to Conservatorship Aspects of LA Probate Law
- LA Probate Law – Understanding Probate and Non Probate Assets
- LA Probate Law Attorneys – Making Complex Legal Issues Simple
- LA Probate Law – The Significance and Essentiality
- Protect Your Coveted Property Using LA Probate Law
- LA Probate Law Elaborates Various Forms of Trust That Can Prove Beneficial To You
- What are the Consequences as per the LA Probate Law, if a Person Dies Without a Will but have a Joint Tenancy?
- LA Probate Law Protects your Precious Property
- Various Myths of Estate Planning and LA Probate Law
- Understanding the Significance of the Probate – LA Probate Law
- Probate Law LA – A Guide to Probate Law Process LA
- The Role of the Trustees in Estate Planning as Per LA Probate Law
- Prominence of LA Probate Law in Your Life and Even After It
- The Role of an Estate Planning Lawyer and the LA Probate Law
- Sagacious Implementation of LA Probate law for Desirable Results
- The Necessity and Importance of LA Probate Law Today
- The LA Probate Law Process in Simplified Terms
- LA Probate Law elaborates on Wills and Probates
- LA Probate Law Attorneys Make Things a Lot Easier
- The Role and the Importance of a Trustee in Probate
- LA Probate Law – The Significance and Importance of Handling Estate Planning in a Timely Manner
- LA Probate Law – Dealing with the Most Vital and Essential Parts of Multiple Lives and Futures
- LA Probate Law – Assuring Fortune and Safety of the People
- Know How to Reduce the Potential LA probate Law Litigation
- How Can LA Probate Law Professional Help You?
- Details about the Conservatorship Features of LA Probate Law
- Comprehend LA Probate Law to Minimize Your Probate Costs
- Be Safe from Undue Influence Which is on the Rise in LA Probate Law Courts
- Ask a LA Probate Law Expert about Living Trusts
- LA Probate Law – The Various Probate Codes and Their Costs
- LA Probate Law and the Need of Estate Planning and Management
- Living Wills and the Last Will of Testament as Seen by LA Probate Law
- Take a Closer Look at LA Probate Law and Stop Worrying About Your Future
- The Basics of Property Protection After Death Using the LA Probate Law
- The complete administration and technical aspects of the LA Probate Law
- The complete list of benefits of the LA Probate Law
- The Execution of the Will pertaining to the LA Probate Law
- The LA Probate Law Regulations that Govern Debt Settlement Issues
- The Meaning of Asset Protection with the Help of LA Probate Law
- LA Probate Law – Estate Planning and the Mistakes, Myths and Solutions
- LA Probate Law – Find Out what it is and How You Can Benefit from it
- LA Probate Law – Importance of A Will and Who Can Benefit from Probate
- LA Probate Law – Is inheritance of property disturbing your peace of life?
- LA Probate Law – Significance of Importance of a Living Trust
- LA Probate Law – The Most Effective Ways of Handling
- LA Probate Law – Tips for Choosing a Probate Lawyer
- How to Maximize IRA Contributions
- Category: IRA and Retirement Planning
- Things You May Need to Update in Your Estate Plan When You Enter Retirement
- Consider Taxation When You Choose a Retirement Destination
- What Happens to Your Retirement Account When You Die?
- Including Los Angeles Veterans Retirement Benefits in Your Plan
- Getting to Know the California Public Employees’ Retirement System
- Avoid These Retirement Planning Mistakes
- Why You Need a Retirement Plan
- What Is an IRA and How Does It Work?
- What are the IRA Contribution Limits?
- When to Start Retirement Planning
- How is a Roth IRA Different From a Traditional IRA?
- When it is Time to Access Your IRA
- How to Convert to a Roth IRA
- How Do IRA Withdrawals Get Taxed?
- When Should I Update My Retirement Plan?
- What is the Purpose of an Annuity?
- Category: Trust
- Who Should I Choose to Protect My Child’s Inheritance?
- QTIP and QDOT: What Is the Difference?
- What Happens When You Appoint the Wrong Trustee?
- What Is a Crummey Notice?
- Top 5 Living Trust Benefits
- Mistakes to Avoid When Establishing a Trust for Your Children
- Can I Decant a Trust in California?
- The Benefits of Creating a Secret Trust
- Common Types of Trusts Explained
- Trust Myths Debunked
- Understanding Your Rights as a Trust Beneficiary
- Can a Trust Be Contested?
- Top 7 Benefits of Including a Living Trust in Your Estate Plan
- What Is Self-Dealing by a Trustee?
- Can a Trustee Be Fired?
- Does a Trustee Get Paid for Administering a Trust?
- ¿Por Qué Debería Usar un Fideicomiso en Vida para Distribuir Mi Patrimonio?
- Why Should I Use a Living Trust to Distribute My Estate?
- Why Would I Want to Make a Trust Irrevocable?
- What an In Terrerem Clause Can Do for You
- Category: Asset Protection and Business Planning
- Small Business Owners Should Use an Asset Protection Structure
- A Family Limited Partnership Can Provide Asset Protection
- Estate Planning for Small Business Owners
- Business Structures That Provide Asset Protection
- Asset Protection Trusts Aren’t the Only Strategy Available
- Los Angeles Businesses Can Receive Economic Injury Disaster Loans
- Asset Protection: When do you Need it and Why?
- How To Avoid California Fraudulent Transfers in Medi-Cal Planning
- Category: Joint Ownership
- Category: Legal Education
- Understanding and Manipulating Estate and Gift Taxes
- How Tax and Non-Tax Considerations Impact Estate Planning – Part II
- The Intersection of Bank Failure and FDIC Insurance
- What Happens When You Don’t Trust Your Trustee – Part II
- Show Your Love by Creating an Estate Plan
- What You Need to Know About SECURE Act 2.0
- The Not-So Transparent Corporate Transparency Act
- Tax Planning for 2023
- The Importance of Having an Estate Plan
- Common Mistakes in Estate Planning – Part V
- What’s Retirement Got to Do with it?
- Common Mistakes in Estate Planning – Part I
- Discharge of Indebtedness Income and Student Loan Forgiveness
- Lessons from Patagonia
- The Intersection of Asset Protection Planning and Estate Planning – Part II
- The Intersection of Asset Protection Planning and Estate Planning – Part I
- The Inflation Reduction Act
- Death and Your Digital Footprint
- Pondering Portability
- How Do I Trust Thee…Part II
- Just When You Thought You Understood the 10-Year Rule, Think Again
- Estate Planning – Something You Shouldn’t Do Yourself
- State Income Taxation of Social Security Benefits
- Start 2022 the Right Way
- Neither Age Nor Health Determines Whether You Need an Estate Plan
- The Kiddie Tax is No Child’s Game
- Changing “Irrevocable” Trusts Through Judicial and Nonjudicial Modification
- Roth IRAs Can Be a Great Planning Strategy: Advanced
- ABLE Accounts Complement Special Needs Trusts
- Learning and Camaraderie at the Academy Summit
- The Role of the Estate Planning Attorney
- Tax Proposals Could Alter Estate Planning Landscape
- Using Disclaimers to Achieve Client Goals: Double Disclaimers
- Beneficiary Designations and the SECURE Act: Prior Designations
- Joint Tenancy Problems in Estate Planning
- It’s Better to Give, Especially This Year
- Planning for Incapacity
- Removing Life Insurance from the Taxable Estate
- The Basics: Financial Power of Attorney
- Families Gather in Novel Ways in Pandemic
- Shrunken Asset Values Open Estate Planning Opportunities
- Whom Do You Want to Get Your Assets?
- The Questions of Estate Planning, Part 5: How
- Reasons an Estate Plan Could Be Challenged: Part 1 – Formal Requirements
- The Questions of Estate Planning, Part 4: Where
- Income Tax Basis in Estate Planning
- Use Trust Protectors for Added Protection and Flexibility
- Income Tax Basis
- Planning for Education Expenses
- New Tax Proposal re: Retirement Savings
- When and Where You Die Matters
- New Estate Tax Proposal
- Beneficiary Designations, etc., Aren’t a True Substitute for a Trust
- SALT Deduction Limit…Can You Get Around It?
- The Little Things May be the Most Important
- Selecting an Agent
- New Asset Transfer Look-Back for VA Aid & Attendance Coming Soon: The Window of Opportunity is Closing Quickly!
- Special Accounts for People with Special Needs
- 6 Important Estate Planning Considerations – Part 5: Retirement Assets
- Income Tax Basis in Estate Planning – Part 2
- Donor Advised Funds: IRS Issues New Ruling
- New Year’s Greetings
- Basics of Estate Planning: IRAs
- Planning to Enjoy Thanksgiving
- How Tax Reform Could Impact Various Families
- Tax Reform and the Estate Tax
- Category: Will
- Category: Asset Protection Planning
- 5 Threats to Your Assets
- Asset Protection Planning: Secure Your Resources
- Asset Protection for Small Business Owner
- What is an Asset Protection Trust?
- What Type of Trust Protects Assets?
- Why are Asset Protection Strategies Important?
- Los Angeles Asset Protection Lawyer Explains Who is at Risk
- California’s Housing Market on the Rise: Do You have Asset Protection Strategies in Place?
- 6 Mistakes to Avoid in Asset Protection
- The Problem with Fraudulent Transfers
- When to Start Asset Protection Planning
- Will an Irrevocable Trust Protect Assets?
- Free Report: Avoiding Fraudulent Transfers in California When Protecting Your Assets
- Free Report: Common Mistakes in California Asset Protection
- How Can I Protect My Assets from Lawsuits?
- Do Revocable Trusts Provide Asset Protection?
- Protecting Your Assets From Lawsuits in California
- Category: LA Probate Law
- LA Probate Law The State of Probate
- LA Probate Law Making the Choice to Appoint a Health Care Power of Attorney
- LA Probate Law Am I too Young to Write a Will
- LA Probate Law Probate of Will
- LA Probate Law Important Topics to Know About Probate Law
- LA Probate Law Frequently Asked Questions
- LA Probate Law the Dilemma of Living Trusts
- LA Probate Law Living Revocable Trust
- LA Probate Law Top 10 Estate Planning Mistakes
- LA Probate Law Myths of Living Trusts
- The Processes of Estate Planning and Estate Taxes Involved in LA Probate Law
- Why Should You Invest in an LA Probate Law Attorney?
- Wills Created on the Basis of LA Probate Law for Estate Planning
- LA Probate Law – A Step Towards Protecting the Elders and Maintaining Harmony
- LA Probate Law – Don’t let your Relations Turn Bitter for Money
- LA Probate Law – Make the Legal Procedures Swifter by Making Competent Estate Planning
- Category: Estate Planning
- How to Use Your Estate Plan to Protect Your Blended Family
- Should I Use a Will or Trust to Distribute My Assets in My Estate Plan?
- Understanding the Unlimited Marital Deduction
- What Happens When Children Disagree on Medical Treatment for a Parent
- How Much Life Insurance Do I Need?
- What Can I Do to Prevent My Children from Fighting Over My Estate?
- How Does a Letter of Instruction Fit into My Estate Plan?
- Are You Taking Advantage of the Annual Exclusion?
- Should I Include an Irrevocable Life Insurance Trust in My Estate Plan?
- How Does Portability Work?
- How Do I Disclaim an Inheritance?
- 7 Ways an Estate Planning Attorney Can Help You
- What Is a “No-Contest” Clause in a Last Will and Testament?
- 5 Preguntas que Debe Hacerse al Crear un Plan Patrimonial
- 5 Questions to Ask Yourself When Creating an Estate Plan
- Why You Should Include Funeral Planning in Your Estate Plan
- How to Include Legacy Planning in Your Estate Plan
- Estate Planning: 5 Things to Do Before You Die
- Mes de la Herencia Hispana en Los Ángeles￼
- What Is a Bequest vs. an Inheritance?
- Cómo Crear Su Primer Plan Patrimonial￼
- What the Proposed Treasury Regulations Mean for Deductions Under Internal Revenue Code Section 2053
- When Should I Update My Estate Plan?
- ¿Es Hora de Actualizar a Sus Beneficiarios?￼
- How Can Creating a Family Limited Partnership Help My Business?
- Retirement Planning – 5 Questions to Consider
- Leaving Your Children a Lump Sum Inheritance May Not Be Wise
- What Is a Reverse Mortgage?
- What Is a HIPAA Release?
- How Will You Obtain the Care You Need?
- Special Needs Planning Can Preserve Benefit Eligibility
- Tax Tips after New Year
- Domestic Asset Protection Trusts
- Category: GPOA
- Category: Blog Roll
- Category: LGBTQ Estate Planning
- Estate Planning Advice for LGBTQ Couples
- LGBTQ Estate Planning Must Address Retirement Issues
- 6 Tips for Orange County LGBTQ Estate Planning
- Proposed Legislation in California Could Improve Safety of LGBTQ Seniors
- Long Beach LGBTQ Estate Planning Lawyers Discuss Current Issues
- Estate Planning for Gay Seniors
- The Benefits of the Supreme Court Decision on Gay Marriage
- Medical Decision Making for Gay Couples
- Same Sex Couples and Medical Decisions
- Can My Same-Sex Partner Decide What to do with My Remains?
- Free Report: LGBTQ Relationship Recognition in California
- LGBTQ Relationship Recognition in California
- Category: Financial Planning
- Category: LPOA
- Category: tax
- Category: powers of appointment
- Webinar: Protect Your Legacy: Essential Strategies for Comprehensive Estate Planning
- Webinar: Probate Real Estate Sales Demystified: Essential Insights for Realtors - Register Now!
- Protect Your Legacy: Essential Strategies for Comprehensive Estate Planning - Limited Seats Available!
- In-Person Seminar: Invest With Evidence
- In-Person Seminar: Living Trust and Wills
- Unprecedented - Financial Planning Webinar
- How to Avoid Probate and Disputes Through Proper Estate Planning
- TRUSTEE SCHOOL: Steps to Take, Mistakes to Avoid
- Michael J. Fox Foundation - Avoid Probate Like A Pro With A Quality Estate Plan
- UNPRECEDENTED - An Investor's Guide
- In-Person Seminar: Living Trust and Wills
- Trust Review Webinar: Unlocking the Secrets to a Solid Estate Plan