Smart business owners know that creating a solid plan is the key to successful operations. Those who have amassed wealth and built assets also know that setting goals and creating a roadmap to achieve them is the key to financial security.
For those who have built a business or acquired assets, protecting what you earned becomes essential. Whether you are just getting your company started, just embarking on your journey to financial freedom, or have built a thriving enterprise and a massive estate, you need to identify and manage risks and look for ways to reap rewards. This is what asset & business planning is all about.
The Los Angeles asset protection and business planning lawyers at Schomer Law have extensive experience helping clients to take advantage of legal tools to grow and protect their companies and their assets. Our legal team is here to help you use all available tools to amass wealth, make your business a great success, and ensure your legacy will last for generations. Give us a call to learn how we can create a personalized plan for you and to get answers to questions including:
- Why is asset & business planning important?
- What is involved in protecting my assets and my business?
- How can Los Angeles asset and business planning lawyers help me?
Why is Asset and Business Planning Important?
Asset and business planning is important at all phases of your life. From the time you first begin saving to the day you open the doors of your business, you want to have goals and create a path to achieve your dreams. You also want to make sure you protect what you are building.
Business owners are vulnerable to lawsuits, and there is always the threat that you could lose what you have earned to those who pursue civil claims against you. Building a business is also a big risk, with the potential for bankruptcy based on a bad market or bad luck. Even for successful organizations and investors, the certainty of having to pay taxes also means you can lose a lot of what you’ve worked to achieve.
Asset and business planning is about minimizing the risk of loss, protecting what you’ve grown, making smart decisions to minimize taxes, and developing a comprehensive overall plan to ensure that your assets, your wealth, and your company can prosper for a long time.
What is Involved in Asset and Business Planning?
Every persona and every company is different, so your business and asset plan needs to be custom-tailored to you. As members of the American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys and members of the Elder Law Counsel, Schomer Law is a firm that has the knowledge to help you make a comprehensive plan that addresses all of your asset and business protection needs.
Some of the different services that we can offer to individuals and organizations who are serious about growing their enterprise, building investments, and protecting their assets include:
- Choosing a business structure to minimize liability risks, limit tax liability and protect personal assets.
- Starting your new business, including preparing and filing all required paperwork. We assist with the creation of sole proprietorships, partnerships, LLCs, LLPs, S-corps and C-corps.
- Addressing business succession issues so your company can continue operations seamlessly if you pass away or become disabled.
- Negotiating, drafting, and reviewing contracts to define your role within a business organization and to protect personal assets.
- Using trusts to put assets beyond the reach of creditors and provide protection in case of a civil lawsuit.
- Developing a strategic investment plan to minimize taxes both as you earn and grow your wealth and after you pass away.
These are just some of the many ways that we can assist you. We help people at all phases of asset accumulation and businesses at all stages of growth- so whether you already have a large estate or thriving company to protect or whether you hope to have one in the future, we’ll treat your plan with the importance you deserve.
How Can Los Angeles Asset & Business Planning Lawyers Help You?
At Schomer Law, we are committed to helping every client to protect his business and personal assets. We focus on designing a comprehensive plan to meet your needs and to make the available legal tools work for you. Give us a call today to learn more and to get started working with a Los Angeles asset protection and business planning lawyer.