When a person dies without a will, there are specific laws in each state that address disposition of that person’s assets to their spouse and/or heirs.
Topics covered in this whitepaper include:
- The Spouse’s Share
- Children’s Shares
- “Children” Who Do Not Inherit Automatically
- Other California Intestate Succession Rules
Click here to read the whole article or download the PDF.
Latest posts by Scott Schomer, Estate Planning Attorney (see all)
- Things You May Need to Update in Your Estate Plan When You Enter Retirement - March 22, 2023
- 10 Estate Planning Tips You Cannot Afford to Ignore - March 21, 2023
- 7 Estate Planning Steps for the Beginner - March 16, 2023