California is probably best known for being a community property state, although several other states recognize this type of ownership, as well. The media is full of stories of celebrity breakups, where the spouses are forced to split their fortunes right down the middle.
Topics covered in this report include:
- Community Property in California
- What rights do partners have with regard to community property?
- Registered Domestic Partners
- How can a married person have their own separate property in California?
- Community Property with Rights of Survivorship
- Joint Tenancy in California
- “Tenancy in Common” ownership in California
Click here to read the whole article or download the PDF.
Latest posts by Scott Schomer, Estate Planning Attorney (see all)
- How Does a Testamentary Trust Work? - June 6, 2023
- How to Use Your Estate Plan to Protect Your Blended Family - June 2, 2023
- What Can I Do to Prevent Probate Disputes After I Am Gone? - June 1, 2023