Focusing in Estate and Legacy Planning.
Members of the Academy concentrate their law practices in the area of estate planning and reinforce their expertise daily by dedicating their efforts to clients concerned with preserving what they have accumulated for future generations.
Professional Legal Training.
Academy members receive on-going training specific to the field of estate planning to ensure that their legal knowledge and techniques are based on the latest information and resources.
Members of the Academy are available throughout the U.S. and in most metro areas.
Superior client care.
Most Academy members offer expanded client care services such as in-home consultations, in order to meet the needs of each particular client.
Work with attorneys who focus on estate and legacy planning.
The American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys encourages consumers to refer to the member listing located at (www.aaepa.com) to see if an Academy member has completed this continuing education.
Have your estate plan, legacy plan, and your financial plans coordinated.
Academy members recognize the importance in coordinating your estate, legacy, and financial goals together. Members can work as a team with your existing financial advisors.
Attend seminars on estate and legacy planning topics.
As educators in the field of estate planning, most Academy members regularly conduct seminars in their local areas to inform and educate consumers and financial advisors on estate planning issues.
Receive special reports on late-breaking estate and legacy planning news.
Regularly published consumer alerts provide timely, accurate hot topics in estate planning such as the latest changes to our estate tax laws.
Preserving Your Wealth With Estate and Legacy Planning
Academy members offer guidance and advice to their clients in every area of estate planning. This list offers a sampling of these services:
- Advanced planning.Get assistance with matters such as Family Limited Partnerships, Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts, and Charitable Remainder Trusts.
- Asset protection.Receive guidance on protecting your legacy.
- Creditor protection.Find out how you can protect your estate and your heirs.
- Divorce protection.Protect loved ones and get informed advice on these important estate planning issues.
- Estate planning.Receive consultation and planning to ensure that your estate is distributed according to your wishes.
- Legacy Wealth Planning.Create a Legacy Wealth Plan customized to leave the legacy you want.
- Living Trusts.Create a Living Trust customized to address all of your family’s unique needs.
- Long-term health care.Make sure you have properly outlined necessary health care instructions.
- Probate assistance.Get the assistance you need when someone with or without a Will passes away.
- Remarriage protection.Protect heirs and their special interest in the event the surviving spouse remarries.
- Retirement planning.Ensure that your tax-deferred accounts are properly structured to give your family the greatest tax advantages possible.
- Special needs planning.Tailored plans to protect family members with special needs.
- Structured buy-out plans.The plan you create for your children to sell land and assets.
- Tax planning.Preserve your wealth and reduce taxes with proper planning.
- Trust administration.Create a Living Trust customized to address all of your family’s unique needs, and receive guidance when a family member passes away.
- Updating documents.Ensure that your affairs are in order with regular estate reviews. Amend or restate your existing estate plan to ensure its effectiveness.
- Wills.Prepare a Will or other document to outline your wishes.
Disclaimer: The Academy is a membership organization of estate planning attorneys and provides educational and practice management resources to members. The Academy is not engaged in rendering legal, accounting, or other professional services. An Academy member is not an employee nor an agent of the Academy. The Academy does not certify or test the competency of any attorney who is a member of the Academy.