The purpose of Medi-Cal is to provide medical care assistance to low income individuals and families. Medi-Cal is funded and operated on both the state and. federal levels. Understand that Medi-Cal is not the same as Medicare, which is a federal health insurance program for the disabled and individuals age 65 and older. With Medi-Cal, the physicians, hospitals and other medical care providers, who are enrolled in the Medi-Cal program, are paid on your behalf.
Topics covered in this report include:
- Understanding the Medi-Cal program
- How assistance is provided
- Can I give away my assets?
- How the Medi-Cal spend down process works?
- How does Medi-Cal determine your resources?
- Income limits for single and married individuals
- Limitations and requirements are subject to change
- Common methods for preserving your assets
Click here to read the whole article or download the PDF.
- Things You May Need to Update in Your Estate Plan When You Enter Retirement - March 22, 2023
- 10 Estate Planning Tips You Cannot Afford to Ignore - March 21, 2023
- 7 Estate Planning Steps for the Beginner - March 16, 2023