Earning money is only half the battle when it comes to achieving financial stability. You need to make smart choices about what to do with the money you earn. How you invest it, how you protect it, and how you make it work for you are all going to be key factors that determine whether you can retire wealthy and leave a legacy for your loved ones. The fact is, no matter how much you make and where you are in life, you can create a plan to achieve future financial security and to make your money safe as it grows.
Schomer Law is a Los Angeles law firm focused on offering financial planning assistance. We help individuals and families at all phases of life, with estates both large and small, to make informed choices and create a solid financial plan. If you are committed to making smart choices and maximizing the legal tools that can help you grow and protect wealth, give us a call now so we can offer you personalized financial planning assistance.
We’ll customize our representation and advice to meet your needs and we’ll help you to understand the answers to key questions including:
- Why do I need financial planning assistance?
- What is involved in financial planning in Los Angeles?
- How can a Los Angeles financial planning lawyer help me?
Why Do I Need Financial Planning Assistance?
People of all ages, and at all income levels, struggle to determine exactly what to do with their money. Deciding how much to save and what to do with that savings can be daunting, so far too many people end up creating no formal plan at all.
If you have not made a commitment to spend and save smartly and to make your money work for you, you could work your whole life and have little to show for it in the end. Instead of putting your future financial security at risk, you can opt for a better solution. You can consult with experienced elder law and estate planning attorneys at Schomer Law. We offer guidance to people at all ages, asset levels, and income levels regarding how to protect and grow wealth.
What is Involved in Financial Planning in Los Angeles?
Financial planning involves many different things, depending upon your goals now and in the future. Schomer Law will offer representation tailored to you, as our knowledgeable attorneys bring decades of collective experience in financial planning to the table.
Some of the different ways that we will use our knowledge of California laws and of financial planning principles to help you include assisting you with:
- Determining your longterm goals. What do you want to achieve with your money? We’ll help you to define your desired outcome and create a detailed roadmap to get there.
- Deciding how much to invest. You’ll want basic savings, a college fund, a retirement fund, and other investments that can allow your money to grow. We’ll help you to determine how much to invest and the types of accounts to invest your money in.
- Maximizing tax advantages and minimizing tax payments. We help you to understand the complex tax code and to take advantages of all tax benefits available to you. We also work to protect your assets from taxes as much as possible, including avoiding estate taxes after death.
- Protecting and securing family assets or a family business. If you have a desire to build a business or if you have amassed wealth, we’ll help you to choose an ownership structure and/or a business structure that keeps your company and property secure.
- Assisting with legacy planning. When you’ve followed your roadmap and achieved financial success, you need to plan for how you will use this money to support loved ones or causes you believe in. Legacy planning to determine to whom assets should be transferred and how they should be transferred after death should be a key part of your plan.
These are just some of the steps we can take in assisting you with the financial planning process. We understand how to make full use of all legal tools and all protections available to you, from structuring ownership to keep assets safe from creditors to taking advantage of tax breaks. With our help, you can limit loss and look for ways to maximize gains.
How Can a Los Angeles Financial Planning Lawyer Help?
At Schomer Law, our Los Angeles financial planning lawyers have been named as Super Lawyers, and we have a top 10 AVVO rating. Our commitment to helping our clients is unparalleled and we treat every client with the importance they deserve. When you come to us, we’ll discuss your goals, evaluate your options and create a detailed plan designed just for you. Give us a call today to learn more. ut you have no idea where to start, contact a California estate planning attorney for assistance.