Webinar: Estate Planning in Uncertain Times
Date: May 6
Time: 01:00 PM - 02:30 PM
Venue: Zoom Webinar,
- + Calendar
- Download ICS File
DESCRIPTION:Have you thought about estate planning in these uncertain times? Will your family be able to access your bank accounts if you get sick? Have [Read more...]
SUMMARY:Webinar: Estate Planning in Uncertain Times
Webinar: Estate Planning in Uncertain Times.ics
Have you thought about estate planning in these uncertain times? Will your family be able to access your bank accounts if you get sick? Have you appointed a guardian for your minor children?
In this online seminar, you will learn how to avoid common estate planning mistakes, as well as:
- Whether you need a will or trust? Discover the advantages and disadvantages of both.
- How the new SECURE Act has impacted inherited IRAs and the best strategies to minimize taxes to your heirs.
- How to keep your affairs private and your loved ones out of court if you become disabled and can’t speak for yourself. (Hint: Not all Powers of Attorney are valid!)
- All about probate and what steps can you take now to help your family avoid this expensive and time consuming legal process.
- Learn how to help your heirs minimize or even avoid “death” taxes after your passing.
- How to create a long-term care plan before it’s needed so that you are able to stay as independent as possible and in complete control of your decisions as you age.
- Why owning assets jointly or putting property in a child’s name is likely a huge mistake—and what to do instead to accomplish your goals in a secure way.
- Easy strategies to protect your children’s inheritance from being seized if they get divorced, sued or file bankruptcy in the future.
- How to preserve your estate for your children should you pass away and your surviving spouse gets remarried (without a plan, your family’s inheritance will legally go to the new husband or wife!).
- How to qualify and use Medi-Cal to pay for nursing home expenses which can average over $9.000.00 monthly.
- How parents (and grandparents!) of children with special needs can plan for a lifetime of care without jeopardizing eligibility for important benefits like Medi-Cal or Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
Event is due and cannot be registered at the moment