The purpose of Medi-Cal is to provide medical care assistance to low income individuals and families. Medi-Cal is funded and operated on both the state and. federal levels. Understand that Medi-Cal is not the same as Medicare, which is a federal health insurance program for the disabled and individuals age 65 and older. With Medi-Cal, the physicians, hospitals and other medical care providers, who are enrolled in the Medi-Cal program, are paid on your behalf.
Topics covered in this report include:
- Understanding the Medi-Cal program
- How assistance is provided
- Can I give away my assets?
- How the Medi-Cal spend down process works?
- How does Medi-Cal determine your resources?
- Income limits for single and married individuals
- Limitations and requirements are subject to change
- Common methods for preserving your assets
Latest posts by Scott Schomer, Estate Planning Attorney (see all)
- SALT Deduction Limit…Can You Get Around It? - February 4, 2019
- What Can a Los Angeles Probate Attorney Do For You? - February 3, 2019
- 5 Great Tips for Long Beach Probate Court Administration - February 1, 2019