California is probably best known for being a community property state, although several other states recognize this type of ownership, as well. The media is full of stories of celebrity breakups, where the spouses are forced to split their fortunes right down the middle.
Topics covered in this report include:
- Community Property in California
- What rights do partners have with regard to community property?
- Registered Domestic Partners
- How can a married person have their own separate property in California?
- Community Property with Rights of Survivorship
- Joint Tenancy in California
- “Tenancy in Common” ownership in California
Latest posts by Scott Schomer, Estate Planning Attorney (see all)
- What is a Pet Trust and Why Would I Need One? - March 24, 2019
- What Are the Most Important Things I Need to Know About Estate Planning? - March 23, 2019
- What is an Asset Protection Trust? - March 22, 2019