The term “incapacity” has different meanings depending on the context in which it is being used. During legal proceedings, “incapacity” usually refers to an individual’s ability to comprehend the nature and consequences of those proceedings.
Topics covered in this report include:
- Legal Incapacity
- Mental Incapacity
- Temporary Incapacity
- How is incapacity defined in California?
- Why is determining incapacity so important?
- Who makes the determination of incapacity?
- Can a determination of incapacity be reversed?
- What should I do if I believe a loved one has become incapacitated
- A Power of attorney can be a better alternative
- The benefits of incapacity planning