Now that medical professionals are better equipped to save and extend the lives of seriously ill or injured individuals, issues regarding prolonged suffering or delays in the dying process have become more prominent. Learn more about advance health care directives in California in this presentation.
Topics covered in this report include:
- What is an Advance Directive?
- What Rights do I have to Decide My Own Medical Care?
- What is the Advance Health Care Directive (AHCD)?
- Choosing a Health Care Agent
- Restrictions on Who can Be a Health Care Agent
- What Kinds of Decisions can My Health Care Agent Make on My Behalf?
- When does an Agent’s authority Begin?
- Is and Agent Responsible for Medical Bills?
- How is the Advance Health Care Directive Executed?
- Can an AHCD be Modified or Revoked?
Latest posts by Scott Schomer, Estate Planning Attorney (see all)
- Many Reasons to Plan - July 8, 2019
- Use Resources Efficiently With a Special Needs Trust - July 7, 2019
- Business Structures That Provide Asset Protection - July 6, 2019